Macroeconomics.lv is an economic analysis website created and maintained by Latvijas Banka for the use of researchers, lecturers, students, experts of public institutions, bank analysts, corporate managers and other observers of economic processes.
Latvijas Banka conducts broad macroeconomic analysis that serves as a basis for its monetary policy decisions and assists economic agents like the Parliament, the Government, businesses etc. in planning of their activities. This work is carried out by professional economists of Latvijas Banka and this website provides an overview of their achievements, highlighting what is most important and topical, including Latvijas Banka's forecasts regarding GDP and inflation.
Makroeconomics.lv is the website where you will be able to find the data on macroeconomic fundamentals, their analysis and working papers as well as read the views of Latvijas Banka economists concerning the developments in both Latvian and global economies. These analytical materials can also be of help to those who are studying economics or have a deeper interest in economic relationships and domestic and global developments.
A brief overview of the sections
- Analytics – economic analysis in papers, presentations and commentaries to the latest data
- Forecasts – Latvijas Banka's GDP and inflation forecasts
- Blogs – Latvijas Banka economists share their observations concerning the macroeconomic developments there and are always happy to engage in a wider exchange of views
- Economic indicators – latest data on GDP, inflation, unemployment etc.
- Publications on macroeconomic subjects, the most important being the Macroeconomic Developments Report
- Research – Working papers and discussion materials prepared by Latvijas Banka
- Events – annual conferences held by Latvijas Banka; Expert Roundtable Discussions
- For students – information on the Competition of Student Research Papers and on guest lectures at Latvian universities
Laws and Regulations
Access to and use of Macroeconomics.lv is regulated by the respective laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia.
The logo used on this website is a registered trademark and property of Latvijas Banka. Latvijas Banka holds the copyright to all material located on the website unless specified otherwise. No information from this website or any of its parts may reproduced in a printed form or electronically without reference to Macroeconomics.lv and prior permission of Latvijas Banka.
You may view these materials, create links to the home page of Latvijas Banka, as well as print the information on the website for private, no profit use.
Latvijas Banka responsibilities and information updates
The information found on this website does not obligate Latvijas Banka in any way. Latvijas Banka assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the user fully or partially relying on the information found herein. The user is expected to use personal judgment to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the contents of this website.
The information herein is constantly updated and supplemented. Latvijas Banka may alter or remove all information or part thereof included herein without prior warning. Latvijas Banka is under no obligation to post information on this website in a timely manner and assumes no responsibility if it has not been done or done on time. The website may contain technical inaccuracies or errors.
Latvijas Banka assumes no responsibility regarding the contents of websites operated by other institutions or individuals and linked to Macroeconomics.lv. Any risk involved in visiting such sites is assumed by the user.
Commenting on articles
For the discussion of macroeconomic issues to remain business-like and constructive, when commenting please observe the following principles:
- use your social network IDs;
- you may remain anonymous, but your comment will be reviewed and approved by the web editor prior to publication;
- the following types of comments will not be published or will be deleted:
- bearing no relation to the issues discussed in the publication;
- offensive to personal honour and dignity;
- containing racist, xenophobic or other hate-inciting elements;
- containing profanity;
- morally inappropriate and improper;
- impersonating another person.
The contents published on www.macroeconomics.lv reflects the opinions of the authors which may not always coincide with the Latvijas Banka position.