Macroeconomics.lv is a website of economic analysis maintained by Latvijas Banka for the use of researchers, lecturers, students, experts of public institutions, bank analysts, corporate managers and other observers of economic processes.
For Latvijas Banka to be able to make monetary policy decisions and for economic participants – Saeima, the Government, businesses etc. to be able to plan their activities, Latvijas Banka conducts broad macroeconomic analysis. This work is carried out by professional economists of Latvijas Banka and this website provides an overview of their achievements, highlighting what is most important and topical, including Latvijas Banka’s forecasts regarding GDP and inflation.
Thus together in one place you will find data on macroeconomic fundamentals, their analysis and working papers as well as the opinions of Latvijas Banka economists concerning the developments in both Latvian and world economies. These analytical materials can also be of help to those who are studying economics or have a deeper interest in economic regularities and domestic and global developments.
A brief overview of the sections
- Analytics – economic analysis in papers, presentations and commentaries to the latest data
- Forecasts - Latvijas Banka’s GDP and inflation forecasts
- Blogs – economists of Latvijas Banka share their observations of macroeconomic developments and are happy to get involved in a wider discussion.
- Economic indicators – topical data on GDP, inflation, unemployment etc.
- Publications on macroeconomic subjects, with “Overview of Macroeconomic Developments” as the most important
- Research – Studies conducted by Latvijas Banka; discussion materials
- Events – annual conferences held by Latvijas Banka; Conversations between Experts
- For students – information on the Competition on Student Research Papers and on guest lectures at Latvian universities.
Laws and Regulations
Access to and use of Macroeconomics.lv is regulated by the respective laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia.
The logo used on this website is a registered trademark and property of Latvijas Banka. Latvijas Banka holds the copyright to all material on the site unless specified otherwise. No information from this site or any of its parts may reproduced in printed form or electronically without reference to Macroeconomics.lv and prior permission of Latvijas Banka.
You may view these materials, create links to the home page of Latvijas Banka, as well as print the information on the web page for private, no profit use.
Latvijas Banka responsibilities and information updates
The information found on this website does not obligate Latvijas Banka in any way. Latvijas Banka assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the user fully or partially relying on the information found herein. The user is expected to use personal judgment to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the contents of this website.
The information herein is constantly updated and supplemented. Latvijas Banka may alter or remove all information or part thereof included herein without prior warning. Latvijas Banka is under no obligation to post information on this website in a timely manner and assumes no responsibility if it has not been done or done on time. The website may contain technical inaccuracies or errors.
Latvijas Banka assumes no responsibility regarding the contents of websites operated by other institutions or individuals and linked to Macroeconomics.lv. Any risk involved in visiting such sites is assumed by the user.
The materials published on this website reflect the opinions of their authors which may not always coincide with the Bank of Latvia's position.
Commenting on articles
In order to conduct a business-like and constructive discussion on macroeconomic issues, please observe the following principles:
1) use your social network IDs;
2) an anonymous comment is possible, but before publication, it is subject to review and approval by the editor of the website;
3) we will not publish or will delete the following types of comments:
- Irrelevant to the issues discussed in the publication,
- Offensive to the honour and dignity of a person,
- Containing racist, xenophobic or other hate-inciting elements,
- Containing indecent language,
- Immoral or improper;
- Ones whose authors hide behind the identity of another person.
ORTOGRĀFIJAS KĻŪDA TEKSTĀ:
Jūsu interneta pārlūkā saglabāsies tā pati lapa