We would like to thank you
for taking interest in participating in the Competition of Student Scientific Research Papers organised by Latvijas Banka. Its aim is to promote the research and analysis of Latvia and euro area macroeconomic issues by involving the most talented young economists in this work.
Participation is open to
citizens and non-citizens of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia as well as foreigners who at the time of the competition are registered as students of higher education institutions accredited as such in the Baltic States, enrolled in Bachelor's or Master's degree programmes, as well as to the inhabitants of the Baltic States studying abroad.
Persons who are or have been employed by a central bank of the Eurosystem and whose term of service with any of the central banks of the Eurosystem exceeds one year may not participate in the Competition
Requirements for the Competition paper:
To submit your Competition paper successfully
- the Competition paper shall address a relevant topic on the economic issues of the Baltic States and/or the euro area;
- quantitative methods of analysis shall be used in the Competition paper;
- its length and academic level must meet at least the requirements of a Bachelor's thesis;
- the Competition paper shall be produced on a computer in Latvian or English.
, you have to provide information about all authors of the Competition paper and enclose:
By submitting the Competition paper
- a copy of a document supporting your eligibility in accordance with the requirements set out in Paragraph 2 of the Regulation for the Competition, for example, a copy of a statement issued by a higher educational establishment, a certificate or a diploma (file types: pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, 100 MB max);
- the Competition paper (file types: pdf, doc, docx, edoc, asice, 100 MB max).
, you confirm that it is your work and you assume responsibility for observing the copyright of third parties and agree that, in case of an award, Latvijas Banka may publish the paper at its own discretion and without any additional remuneration.
The results of the Competition
, inter alia, the awarded Competition papers, shall be published by 30 June 2023
on the websites www.bank.lv
. The Competition papers winning no awards shall not be retained after the Competition.
The personal data provided for in the application form shall be processed for the purposes of the Competition and shall not be retained after the Competition. Personal data processing controller: Latvijas Banka, reg. No. LV90000158236, K. Valdemāra iela 2A, Rīga, LV-1050, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on the processing of personal data at Latvijas Banka, see https://www.bank.lv/en/about-us/useful/processing-of-personal-data